Sunday, September 23, 2007

Running

Yay, today I went running again. Well, real runners would call it slow jogging. Anyways... I'm really happy I'm still going. I started like 9 days ago, and since then I went running 5 times. Apparently running with music really does make all the difference for me. And the fact that I got an iPod nano for free just makes it extra nice. Since I didn't have to pay for the iPod I instead paid for the Nike+ Kit and some really nice armstrap thing for the iPod. Calibrating the Nike sensor is a pain in the ass, but it's closer to the real distance now than it was with the default setting. Gonna try calibrating it again this week. Maybe I manage to actually run my own pace when I do those 500 meters to calibrate it. While I'm talking about pace.. my first run really sucked.. It was something like 9 1/2 minutes per kilometer. The one today was quite a lot faster ^^ 7:16 min/km. I'm making progress. The most important thing now is, to just keep going. 3 times a week is a good target. But my last two runs were quite a bit shorter than the first 3. So I gotta try and get to the same distance again, otherwise I'll wanna turn home even sooner each time. Oh yeah, you can check out my latest run on the right hand side ^^

My flatmates were supposed to come back today. But only one did. I wonder when the other one will get here. Ey's got a week until eir lectures start again, so I guess ey can be relaxed. It's gonna be good having them around again, cos they both run too. And they do it a lot better and faster than me. So hopefully they can give me some advice. :)

Sitting in the kitchen instead of my own room is really nice. I can see the moon outside the window. And also, I study a lot more here. I still get distracted simply by the fact I'm online all the time, but it's less. I guess last semester taught me a lesson - finally. Which is why I'll go to bed now. Don't wanna fall asleep during my lectures now.
I might miss something exciting *coughcough* XD

No comments: